Aware of the effectiveness of the diet known as the "ketogenic diet", today we want to get to the heart of the subject by presenting practical examples on how to start this path and maintain it. Ah, don't forget to read the whole article, because in the end an unexpected surprise may appear for you.
For this we offer you a simple menu to follow that you can also print by clicking in the browser menu and then on print. In this menu there will be some of the recommended foods, some ideas on how to cook them and also the ideal quantities not to overdo it in your 21 days of keto.
In short, you will have all the material you need to get off to a great start on this journey which will bring you great satisfaction and perhaps help you lose a few kilos.
There are no more excuses now: it's time to seriously start thinking about your physical shape by following precise guidelines and no longer relying on random or improvised diets.
So let's talk about the 21-day ketogenic diet: menu and itinerary in this article!
- Keto diet: tips before starting
- The key principles of the ketogenic diet:
- 21 day ketogenic diet: pdf menu to get into ketosis
- Shopping list: here's what to buy
- 21 day keto meal plan
- Recipes for a more delicious ketogenic diet
- What if I come out of ketosis? Knowing how to fix diet slip-ups
- Conclusion: How many kilos will you lose in 21 days on the ketogenic diet?
Keto diet: tips before starting
Let's start with the presentation of this program designed for the ketogenic diet. The planner provides for a duration of 21 days to be taken seriously, avoiding going overboard all the time.
During these 21 days, the goal is to eliminate carbohydrates and introduce nutrients into the body to activate fat burning mode. Why? The more fat you eat, the more fat you burn. This is the only way to enter ketosis as soon as possible and maintain this state long enough to achieve the desired weight loss.
To reach ketosis faster it is essential to reduce the intake of carbohydrates, but this process can also take place gradually to get our body used to it. So you can start with less than 30 grams of carbohydrates per day and reduce them over the following days.
But let's go in order and first understand what ketosis means and above all how to enter ketosis, before knowing the menu to follow.
The key principles of the ketogenic diet:
Of course, having a keto menu printable in pdf makes things much easier, but what to do if you find yourself invited to dinner or if your supermarket doesn't have what you need? Since you need to be able to know for yourself which choices are best for you, it's important that you have the key tenets of the keto diet in mind.
Ketosis is a metabolic state in which the body draws on fat stores for energy. You no longer burn sugars and carbohydrates, therefore, but your fat pads. For the body to enter a state of ketosis (and stay there, since the process is easily reversible) what you need to do is take no more than 20 - 50 grams of carbohydrates per day. However, we have created a calculator specifically to measure your own macros here.
There are many more carbohydrates than you think
Eliminating carbohydrates does not mean removing bread, pasta, potatoes and biscuits from the diet. Carbohydrates are also contained, albeit obviously in smaller quantities, in vegetables. Some are also particularly sugary. You must therefore on the one hand eliminate particularly sugary or starchy vegetables: carrots, pumpkin and potatoes. And, on the other hand, change your way of thinking: if up to now you have eaten a small steak with a large salad, now you have to prefer your protein intake to that of vegetables. Imagine a large plate of meat, and a small bowl of salad, and adjust accordingly.
You don't count calories and you don't reduce portions
As long as you watch out for fat, you don't have to watch out for calories. So don't make the mistake of buying more vegetables than meat, mistakenly thinking that it will make you lose weight. You can eat all the steak you want while, as we said, you have to moderate your vegetable intake.
Keto fever and how to continue the diet without contraindications
The keto diet, in addition to making you lose weight, will prove to be healthy for your body. However, as also happens during the change of season, the fact that the body has to get used to a new regimen can tire it for a few days. This means that you will feel tired, and maybe not very concentrated. If you experience these symptoms, don't be discouraged, because it means that the diet is working. Maybe you can start it on a Friday night, so you have the weekend to rest while your body adjusts to the new foods and be less tempted to stop.
Don't worry though: the state of fatigue will end in a short time. Instead, what you must always keep in mind is that you are introducing less fiber into your body, and therefore your intestinal functions may need help. Drink at least two liters of water a day, and accompany them with tea and coffee without sugar.
And now, let's see what you can eat in 21 days, and what you need to put on your shopping list!
21 day ketogenic diet: pdf menu to get into ketosis
Ketosis is a metabolic state in which the levels of ketone bodies in the body increase.
When you enter ketosis, your body begins to use its stored fat as its primary source of energy throughout the day. In fact, if the insulin level remains low, the body inevitably tends to burn more fat.
- Monitor breathing. During ketosis, your breath smells different than normal. This factor is not a sign of dysfunction or malaise, but only a consequence of the new metabolic state. At the end of the diet it will return to normal.
- Monitor urine. Another obvious sign of ketosis is found in urine. Indeed, if you urinate more frequently and the smell is different it means that you are on the right track.
These two factors are what allow you to understand that you have entered ketosis. It only takes a day or two to activate this state, but only if you follow the rules of the keto diet to the letter. Once you enter ketosis the rate of weight loss will increase.
Now is the time to understand which foods are allowed and which to avoid for these 21 days of keto diet. Obviously, take a pen and paper and prepare a shopping list: you will need to buy only what you need, in this way you will avoid temptations and it will be easier to stick to the recommended menu.
Shopping list: here's what to buy
First you need to stock your pantry with keto friendly food. Here's what can get on your list:
- Vegetables. Broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, lettuce, cucumber, pepper, spinach. No carrots and squash
- Fish. Prefer fish rich in Omega 3, such as salmon and mackerel.
- Meat and cold cuts. They're fine for keto but beware they're fat-free.
- Egg. To be consumed at will because they are rich in proteins.
- Cheeses. Be careful which ones you choose: for example, we recommend cottage cheese and ricotta.
- Yogurt. Choice between Greek yogurt and kefir.
- Fruit. To be limited because often rich in sugar. Then choose the least caloric ones such as avocado and prunes.
- Nuts. They contain good fats and are ideal as a snack or breakfast.
- Oils and fats. In this process, you need to prefer avocado oil and coconut oil which are the most suitable.
- Milk. Prefer almond or soy milk.
- drinks. Carbonated drinks are strictly prohibited. Choose them instead zero sugar drinks, tea and lots of water.
- Pasta. Instead of durum wheat pasta so rich in carbohydrates, try la ketogenic pasta.
- Aromas and spices. Limit salt. You can optionally take a ketone salt supplement. Spices, on the other hand, are allowed.
- Flour. Instead of the regular format, choose coconut, oatmeal or almond flour which are ideal for keto recipes.
You can also check in the our Shop the recommended products.
Now that you know what the foods allowed let's look at an example of a ketogenic diet. Let's examine together what to eat in these three weeks, day by day. Ready for your 21 day ketogenic diet? Menu and recipes listed below.
21 day keto meal plan
We are ready to go with determination to follow this free ketogenic diet plan. The first day could be harder but you have to resist and then slowly you will get used to a healthier and not at all depriving diet. In the recipes that we propose it will also be delicious and never predictable or tasteless.
Ketogenic diet 7 days weekly menu: you will then be able to alternate the foods at will for the entire duration of the 21 days.
- 2 eggs fried in coconut oil
- 1 thin slice of fatty cheese
- 5 peanuts
- walnut (only one)
- 1 hazelnut
- 1 raw almond
- Choose a plate of meaty vegetables. When choosing, avoid (or limit) if possible both onions and tomatoes, as they contain carbohydrates, even if in small quantities.
- 1 cup of yogurt
- Turkey Salad. You can cook it in different ways: boiled, grilled, baked.
- Chicken with avocado with added olive oil.
- Omelette with 2 eggs to be cooked in butter.
- Boiled broccoli
- A bowl of oatmeal and yogurt
- A plate of green salad with boiled chicken
- A portion of your choice of meatballs or fish
- 5 peanuts
- 1 glass of kefir
- 2 boiled eggs
- 2 cucumbers
- Cabbage fries. Don't be fooled by the name, there are no potatoes here at all! Here is the recipe: first steam the cabbage, then add the desired spices and mix. Make french fries out of it by frying in olive oil or butter. To be consumed at will.
- Pesto chicken stew
- A small cup of vanilla ice cream
- 2 poached eggs with lots of parsley.
- 1 cucumber
- 3 green peppers
- 50 grams of white cheddar cheese
- Half a handful of bacon
- 1 bowl of Greek yogurt
- 50 grams raw unroasted pumpkin seeds
- 15 raw almonds
- Plate of chicken salad with plenty of olive oil
- 1 ladle of vegetable soup
- A glass of buttermilk. You can also prepare it at home. You can find the recipe later!
- Baked salmon cooked in butter
- Salad with olive oil
- 10 raw hazelnuts
- Onion, pepper and vegetable omelette
- 5 green olives
- 1 slice of avocado
- Energy drink made with 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and 1 glass of coconut milk. Simply mix them together and drink right away.
- 1 portion of boiled spinach
- 2 chicken thighs to cook in the oven.
- 1 cucumber
- 5 grilled meatballs
- 1 bowl of vegetable soup
- 4 walnuts
- 50 grams of pumpkin seeds
- 2 egg omelettes with butter and sausage
- 1 cup of strictly unsweetened green tea
- 5 green peppers
- Half a tomato
- 1 cucumber
- 5 unsalted green olives
- 2 tablespoons of ricotta with olive oil
- 10 hazelnuts
- 10 raw almonds
- Chicken shank with coriander and lemon
- 1 glass of water with plenty of lemon juice
- 2 plums
- 4 meatballs
- 1 bowl of vegetable soup
- 1 cup of goat milk or kefir
- Avocado salad with boiled egg
- 1 portion of beef with broccoli
- 1 bowl of salad with avocado, bacon and goat cheese
Recipes for a more delicious ketogenic diet
As you have seen, it is a really simple menu to prepare and with foods that you probably already consume on a regular basis. But if you don't know some types of preparations, we want to help you with the recipes. Here are four that will help you follow the ketogenic diet more easily.
Pesto chicken stew
Here are the ingredients to use
- 180 g chicken breast
- 10g butter
- 1 jar of Genoese pesto
- 1 glass white wine glass
- flour to taste
- Salt to taste
- pepper as needed
First, cut the chicken into bite-size pieces and flour them. Melt a knob of butter in a pan and start browning the morsels for at least 10 minutes. Be careful to turn them often to avoid burning the flour. Pour a glass of wine and continue cooking without a lid for 5 minutes. Then, once the wine has evaporated, you can put the lid back on and cook another 20 minutes. A cream will form which will add flavor to your dish. Finally, add the pesto alla genovese to the chicken. Stir and cook for another 5 minutes.
Egg omelette with sausage and butter
The ingredients are:
- 2 eggs
- 30 butter
- 15 pecorino
- 100 sausage
- 1 spring onion
- oil to taste
- Salt and Pepper To Taste
Initially you have to skin the sausage. Then take a large frying pan and melt the knob of butter together with the very finely chopped onion. Then add the sausage and fry.
In a bowl, beat the eggs and add the pecorino. Add the salt and pepper and at the end also the sausage and the onion that you have sautéed.
In the same pan, add the remaining butter and pour in the egg and sausage mixture. Cover with a lid and cook over medium heat. Turn the omelette to cook it on both sides and then serve on a serving plate.
Get yourself these simple ingredients:
- 2 cups of Greek yogurt
- 3-4 sprigs of fresh mint
- 4 cups of cold water
- Salt (optional)
The procedure is this: put the yogurt in the blender and operate for a few minutes. Add the fresh mint. Finally, add the salt and water and keep stirring until the buttermilk foams.
Serve in serving glasses, even with ice if it's summer.
Chicken shank with coriander and lemon
Get the ingredients:
- 180 g chicken breast
- 30 g oil
- 30g butter
- cilantro or parsley
- 1 clove of garlic
- lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 or 2 tablespoons of cream
- White flour
- pepper and salt to taste
Flour the chicken cut into strips or cubes. Add the pepper and begin to brown in the oil and butter until they turn golden. Then add the salt and lemon juice. Finally, add the broth, garlic and coriander. Cook with the lid on for at least 20 minutes, turning them occasionally. When the broth has evaporated, the dish is ready. If you like, you can add cream and create a sauce to pour over the chicken. But it is optional and the recipe is tasty even without this step.
What if I come out of ketosis? Knowing how to fix diet slip-ups
As we said, ketosis is a reversible process. This doesn't mean, however, that if you get out of ketosis you can never get back into it. In case you eat too many carbohydrates, simply start following the diet again the next day, and the body will be back in ketosis in a few days.
Be warned though: This doesn't mean that getting out of ketosis is ok. If it happens too often, losing weight can be a long and very slow process. Your goal, therefore, must always be to remain in ketosis, while getting out of it must be an admitted exception in extraordinary cases.
Conclusion: How many kilos will you lose in 21 days on the ketogenic diet?
The path varies from person to person, you could lose up to 10kg but there is no exact answer on how many kilos you lose in three weeks on the keto diet but we have done our best to offer you our printable menu.
We have reached the end: we have presented you with the essential information, the foods to put on the list and the menu complete with recipes. Now it's your turn to start the journey!
As you can see it is still very simple to follow. You can start this 21-day ketogenic diet, menus and recipes without straining the body and without putting your health at risk.
In reality, a diet of this type can also have many health benefits. But it's always wise to consult a nutritionist before making any significant changes to your diet.
Remember that health always comes first. So if you notice disturbances, intolerances or ailments related to the change in diet, do not underestimate what your body is trying to communicate to you.
Before continuing, therefore, go to your trusted doctor and make sure that the process of losing weight does not negatively affect your body.
And now? discover here instead some top products!
Some sites & products we recommend to help you on your 21 day ketogenic diet?
- To follow the 21-day ketogenic diet and are looking for good products or snacks, well, an excellent site is called Pink Food, a family-run shop with really great products that are not easily found on the market, especially if you follow a keto diet. Also using the code NG2206 you have a discount of 10%.
- Or a classic, a very famous shop, that of FoodSpring which offers different offers every week! Discover them here!